- Writing a Windows Service in Go — Writing and installing a Windows Service using the Golang programming language.
- Using onscan.js to build a barcode web scanning application — Creating a SPA (Single Page Application) to barcode receipt / reject laboratory samples at scale.
- Proxy aware Go HTTP clients — How to make your Go clients proxy aware.
- Query DNS TXT records — How to use the Go standard library to get the value of a TXT record.
AWS Architecture & Services
- Amazon S3 & CloudFront Hosting — Hosting a static website on Amazon Web Services very cheaply.
- Amazon Rekognition OCR — Using the Go Rekognition API to OCR text from an image and to identify subjects within a photograph.
- Controlling Cognito with Go — Controlling Cognito with the Go AWS software development kit (SDK).
- Automate the tagging of AWS resources — Tagging best practices and how to script the automation of tag management using the AWS Command Line Interface.
- Application Load Balancer — Notes about an AWS Application Load Balancer. General Configuration. Hardening the security policy. Processing the access logs.
- Use OpenSSL to convert SSL certificates to PFX file — How to use the OpenSSL command, available on most linux distributions, to convert SSL certificates to the PFX format used by Windows.
- Recording Linux System Audio — How to capture the system audio on a Ubuntu Linux system and save the output to a file.
- ImageMagick - resize, rotate and convert images from the Linux command-line — A collection of recipes for manipulating images from the command-line.
- PostgreSQL Perfected — Using the postgresql client and a collection of SQL examples
- The PDF Manual — A collection of practical tips & tricks for hacking PDF files.
- Download BBC iPlayer Content — How to download BBC TV & Radio shows on Ubuntu 18.04.
- Burn MP3 file to Audio CD — How to burn an MP3 file to an audio CD from the Linux command line.
- Sky Router — How to configure the Sky Router to automatically disable the Internet on a schedule for certain devices.
Many of my longer form articles are also published to my DEV.to profile. I usually cross post the articles several days after appearing on this site.